July 29, 2014, 04:51:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MOST BOARDS LOCKED!!! BRAND NEW FORUMS LOCATED AT:  http://thegalacticirregulars.com/forum/index.php

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What you can buy with Cartel Coins  (Read 1387 times)
BigSteve03
King of All TGiness
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:38:31 PM »

So everything worth getting is going to be inside random boxes, which means I'll never get it with my luck.  Figures

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-legacy-perks-w-cartel-coins/

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife: Doomed is your soul, and damned is your life.
Tobar
The Eighth Man
n00tz

Blue Blazer irregular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »

I don't suppose we have switch over date yet?

Kynoysald

GaNsTa Wookiee

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:40:43 PM »

You are going to get something from them boxes, the rare stuff of course it may never happen as often.  like gw2 you get chests and inside you usually get a mats, boosts, then could be nice weapons or other stuff... so it should be the same thats what i get from reading
BigSteve03
King of All TGiness
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »

Free to Play is officially going live next Thursday.   So I'll be getting my HK companion over that weekend, then cancelling my subscription in time for thanksgiving!    Still trying to find a new game to play.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife: Doomed is your soul, and damned is your life.
Kynoysald

GaNsTa Wookiee

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »

I still dont have power at home so i hope i get it back soon so i can play... you know what it all entails to get the hk companion?
BigSteve03
King of All TGiness
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »

Its a series of group 2 quests picking up his parts from all over the galaxy.   You also have to do the Foundry on normal and hardmode, plus you need a pub character at least level 15 so you can get the item that's on coruscant..     You only unlock him for 1 character, so you have to do the quest for every character you want him on, or spend 1 million credits or some amount of cartel coins, to unlock him for individual characters on the unlock screen.

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-patch-1-5the-hunt-for-hk-51companion-droid/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:56:33 AM by BigSteve03 » Logged

Tobar
The Eighth Man
n00tz

Blue Blazer irregular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 01:01:06 AM »

Just logged in as a F2P. Thankfully both of my characters are still there with all of my stuff AND my names. That's where the good news ends. The F2P restrictions are lame. You have to pay to unlock the ability to hide your helmet? Only two characters PERIOD? Looks like I have until December 20th to re-sub for a month to get 1550 cartel coins. Meh.

Kynoysald

GaNsTa Wookiee

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 05:27:53 AM »

Of course the f2p is going to have sucky restrictions, they do that so you get annoyed and then subscribe. I had two accounts i deactivated the one account (had my first 50 Kynoysald) so i logged into that and i have all my characters still there even though it says 9/2 slots lol so i wonder if i will have to get rid of them? wonder how that works. but yeah if your already sub, just keep doing so.. unless ya cant afford it
BigSteve03
King of All TGiness
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 09:29:29 AM »

I don't think you have to delete them or anything.  You just have to choose two to be your free to play ones, and you can't access the others till you subscribe again.

I do think the restrictions go way to far as well.   The hide helmet thing is just stupid, it wouldn't make anyone want to subscribe and seems kind of vindictive to free to play players.

Kynoysald

GaNsTa Wookiee

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »

my friend and I were just talking about with the restrictions for f2p, he said if you are  new player and don't have the money to subscribe, f2p of course is the best option, but if you have already played before and was subscribed, it really isnt for that type of person since your  used to having everything before.

And well I have 9 characters on my other acc, most are all lowbies like 10-20 so im going to delete most of them any way and just have my 50 and maybe my one healer. but im been playing on the pvp so right now i have no intention to play that acc anyway.
BigSteve03
King of All TGiness
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 09:43:49 AM »

Well I now own pretty much every rare item you can currently get with the cartel coins.    I didn't have much luck with the boxes, but I've been watching the AH like a hawk, and I've gotten some great deals on the rarer stuff.    The throne mount and salacious crumb pet are by far my favorites.

Kynoysald

GaNsTa Wookiee

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »

Yeah ive gotten a few of the rare items. been  using my cartel coins for the xp boosts Tongue
morostheSophist
LODer

So fictile is identity without...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »

they do that so you get annoyed and then subscribe

I logged on, saw the two-character-period restriction, and deleted the install in a fit of rage.  (Still have it on my external, but meh.  That's beyond stupid, IMO.  Really cuts back on the try-before-you-buy concept.  Undecided)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: