SO! Where did we leave off?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
RhettSarlin
SO! Where did we leave off?

Post by RhettSarlin » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:40 pm

what's been going on in your lives in the past...uh...7 years? anything worth sharing that the group at large might not know?

we need to know your physical/mental/social condition for the upcoming war. yes.

Lain Runner

Re: SO! Where did we leave off?

Post by Lain Runner » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Well... Most of you already know, but I had twins (Alice and Bernardo) that will celebrate their first year next month. Other than that, I'm just working and playing games (FFXIV and Monster Hunter World, mostly).

Suza

Post by Suza » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Still working in the world of worker power and union organizing. Moved to a quiet little town near the Cascades a couple of years ago. Still collecting Boba Fett related everything in a discerning way. Don't game as much as I would like due to travelling for work. I do more art.

Physically - older.
Mentally - the same.
Socially - more lame.

RhettSarlin

Post by RhettSarlin » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:04 pm

I guess I should answer my own question, I just didn't want to be the first :P awesome to hear about Lain's twins and Suza's social lameness errr I mean Fett collection.

In the past 7 years I have moved to Dallas, got a job drawing property surveys in AutoCAD, started going to university for an Information Systems degree, gotten married, and then graduated with the aforementioned Information Systems degree.

Currently I am looking for a job in my degree field, working on having kids Image, saving for a downpayment on a house (going to work on getting pre-approved for a loan soon), and trying desperately to find time when possible to play games or go see movies but not having much success.

This all happened after TGi disappeared. Look at what happens when I don't have you people around to help me stay grounded! *shakes fist* I get delusions of grandeur!

Citairen

Post by Citairen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:10 pm

But are you still barred from entry into Canada? :P

morostheSophist

Post by morostheSophist » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Probably, but that's because he now lives in Texas, the home of the most guns per capita in all of Texas.

Meanwhile, I was in the Army for a few years, then did jack-all the next few. Currently looking for work back in the IT field, which is what the majority of my experience has been in (including the military stuff).

Oh, what DID I actually do for those few years? Helped gut and remodel a house, helped with my brother's twins when they were born several weeks early... and spent a year [still doing nothing] in Dallas, meaning I've met Rhett, Grim, and Rinin. But not Steve.

RhettSarlin

Post by RhettSarlin » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Actually no, we went to Vancouver for our honeymoon. Had no problems whatsoever getting in or out. I blame my wife. She lends me credibility.

jairuncaloth

Post by jairuncaloth » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 pm

Lessee, I still live in the same apartment I did but I've been through a few jobs. Still doing IT, but now as a senior systems admin instead of fresh meat. I may also have entirely too many hours in Path of Exile.

Suza

Post by Suza » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:52 pm

jairuncaloth wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 pm
I may also have entirely too many hours in Path of Exile.
I played a ton of this awhile back, but haven't returned. I should. There needs to be more hours in the day.

I also recently booted up KOTOR and had a few hours of fun running around.

BigSteve03

Post by BigSteve03 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 pm

Lain Runner wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:58 pm
Well... Most of you already know, but I had twins (Alice and Bernardo) that will celebrate their first year next month.
Congrats Lain!

Lain Runner

Post by Lain Runner » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 am

BigSteve03 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 pm
Lain Runner wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:58 pm
Well... Most of you already know, but I had twins (Alice and Bernardo) that will celebrate their first year next month.
Congrats Lain!
Thanks, big guy! I mean, boss!

Starshard

Post by Starshard » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:58 am

Started working in Tourism (seriously don't come to my country unless you want to melt), picked up a second cat, so you could say I also have two children now, still engaged in a long-distance thingymabober with TheJub, and currently playing FFXIV as my MMORPG of choice these days.

Ford LeLache

Post by Ford LeLache » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:21 am

Nothing earth shattering here... Changed careers to IT, am now essentially a systems administrator somehow (zero IT qualifications at all).
Was playing bass in an Incubus cover band for a bit.
Living confirmed batchelor lifestyle.

Play lots of PS4 stuff, haven't played any kind of MMORPG in a long time, scared I would vanish into cyberspace if I picked another one up.

201d

Post by 201d » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:19 am

Oh jeez, uh... I used to have serious money problems back in the forum days, Mostly because I have an uncanny ability to get kicked out of any job. I But a few weeks before they were gone shared that I landed a pretty stable (AKA Government) job.

One issue I had was that it was a seasonal job, so there were still struggles whenever I went on furlough every year, but I'm now in a permanent position so steady income FTW. I'm still recovering from those years tho: paying off debts, fixing my credit, and finally fixing all the things at home that I got used to being broken. By my estimate I should break free from living paycheck-to-paycheck in one to two years. Yay me.

I have two adult children now, like, WTF?

I'm going through some serious burnout right now, mostly I only play Splatoon2.

RhettSarlin

Post by RhettSarlin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 am

awesome to hear, 201d :) all around awesome. are things recovered/fixed up from the hurricane by the way?

Grimthorn

Post by Grimthorn » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:18 am

jairuncaloth wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 pm
I may also have entirely too many hours in Path of Exile.
No such thing.

Grimthorn

Post by Grimthorn » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:05 am

Last 7 years?

I'm a project manager at a market research company that conducts taste tests, product quality tests and focus groups.

David (the spawn) is in high school now, soon to be starting 10th grade. He's in an MST magnet program doing a computer science "cluster" and the courses transfer credit to nearly every state school in Texas....and I am now running a short D&D game for him and Rinin every couple weekends.

Lost 85 pounds several years ago and have successfully kept it off. (Yay!)

Diagnosed with Type 2 Dire Beetles year before last. (Boo!)

I am down an organ, because my gal bladder attempted to murder me last October. (Boo!)

As an unexpected side effect of spending a week in the hospital on the super-duper fantastic pain killers, next Sunday will be 9 months since my last cigarette. (Yay!)

I mostly go back and forth between Path of Exile and Civ 6. David recently started playing TF2, so I may be getting back into it to game with him. Now that he has a laptop capable of more than web browsing and word processing, we may be getting into other games as well.

...at least...until Sword and Shield come out...

Oh, and my sister and her fiance got me back into Pokemon Go a few months ago, so I do that again too.

201d

Post by 201d » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:51 am

RhettSarlin wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 am
awesome to hear, 201d :) all around awesome. are things recovered/fixed up from the hurricane by the way?
Personally I wasn't hit that hard, nor any of the infrastructure I rely on regularly. This week I went for a drive with the "avoid highways" option on Google Maps and rural areas still look like they were hit last week.

201d

Post by 201d » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:59 am

Grimthorn wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:05 am
Diagnosed with Type 2 Dire Beetles year before last. (Boo!)
O yeah, me too. It was a scary ride. I am off medication now because I was able to adapt my diet. It sucks because carbs was literally my only way of dealing with anxiety.

Darka

Post by Darka » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:20 am

7 Years? Yikes

Has it really been that long? I mean we got together in what 2001? LOL
So what have I been up to?
Travelled a few years ago to Toronto, LA, Seattle and Memphis
Bought a House before the house prices jumped.
Got two kids
Got engaged
Still working in the same job, Chief of Gamma Radiation. Been there 10 years now too
Back playing SWG occasionally on SWG Legends, and started getting back into SWTOR

Tacks

Post by Tacks » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:30 am

I decided I didn't want to be a miserable 50yo server in Niagara so I went back to school for Broadcasting, moved to Toronto and now work at TSN as a video editor.

I'm currently on a 5am-5pm Wimbledon shift, questioning my new life choices.

Belecthor

Post by Belecthor » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:57 am

I got a real job about 6 years back, bought a house and moved out of my parents' place about a year ago, and now spend most of my free time exercising, watching Youtube vids, and playing tablet games. I keep trying to get back into MMORPGs (LotRO, STO), but I think the fire's gone out. I'm also down to one living grandparent now, so that kinda sucks.

Oh, and still looking for Mrs. Belecthor. I know we nerds like to say that "not all those who wander are lost," but I'm beginning to think she's taken a wrong turn somewhere.